Although much is known about the appearance, growth and spread of cancer in the human body, effective and rapid treatments for many cancer types are yet to be found. Chemo- and radio- therapies have made much progress in the last 20 years, but many such therapies are non-specific, leaving the patient to deal with severe side effects of the therapy and organ damage through cancer cell infiltration.
We at CTIBIOTECH believe that the future of cancer therapy is “Personalized Medicine”. By identifying a specific pathology of the patients tumor cells, we aim to develop a faster more specific treatment. To do this we have adopted a number of strategies:
- biobank of Cancer tissues and cells, with also normal cells
- cancer biopsy processing platform
- cancer initiating/stem cell harvesting platform
- primary Cancer cell line creation
- creation of specific cell types for basic cancer research
- creation of Cancer cell invasion monitoring bioassays
- creation of Cancer cell infectious disease risk assays
- creation of Cancer cell / Normal cell competition assays
- cancer cell antigenic spread analysis
- genetic, DNA-based, RNA-based and miRNA based analysis
- anti-cancer drug/molecule/antibody based screening assays
- cancer cell disruption and biomarker component analysis
MEDIA: how we are working towards new cancer strategies was covered by the “Industrie & Technologies” magazine, 2015.
You can read this article (in French) here
One of our largest Cancer projects is the IMODI project – the Innovative Models Initiative against Cancer project.
You can read more about this 41 Million Euro project here